The Digital Humanities Research Theme is looking for a Postgraduate Student Representative to join the Steering Committee. This postgraduate student will be:
- Enthusiastic about improving the quality of engagement between the postgraduate community and the research theme, and motivated to create ways to ensure this occurs.
- Confident in speaking to people from different backgrounds and expertise.
- Engaged in research related to Digital Humanities.
The purpose of the Student Representative role is to:
- Represent the views of postgraduate students on matters relating to the theme.
- Act as a communication channel between committee members, theme members and postgraduate students.
- Engage the postgraduate community with the theme e.g. through student-led events.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Attend Digital Humanities Steering Committee meetings.
- Contribute to theme activities.
- Develop student-led events in-line with student needs.
- Be accessible to, and representative of, students working within the theme and beyond.
- Share information between staff, committee and postgraduate students.
If you are interested in joining the Digital Humanities Steering Committee, and can commit to approximately 8 meetings in the next academic year, please send an expression of interest (max. 2 pages) to the Digital Humanities Research Theme Project Officer Michelle Doran (firstname.lastname@example.org). This should include a description of yourself, your research and what you will contribute to the theme. Closing date for applications is Monday, 8th October 2018.